Monday, May 27, 2013

Gallery Wall


As Phil from Duck Dynasty would say, I am happy happy happy!! (Btw- DD is the best show EVER). While most of you enjoyed a 3 day weekend my man was working hard, BUT our turn is officially here… hello to 3 beautiful days off with the hubs! You won’t be hearing from me again until Friday when I’ll have to say bye to my favorite guy. Before I sign off from the rest of the world for the next 3 days I wanted to put some pics up of our mini gallery wall.
This wall is the awkwardly small triangular shaped wall beneath our stairway and next to our kitchen. It had been staring blankly at me since we moved in, I knew I needed to fill it but I wasn’t sure how to because of the shape. The end result is “the P wall”, JD does not like when I call it that, so of course I had to include it here, hehe J. I call it that because it has our monogram and a collection of the letter “P” for Poplin!
With the exception of an item or two the wall is filled with things that were given to us or made by friends, family and me, so it is even more special when I look at it. The frame around the coral and white monogram is an old window that came from my grandparent’s house, and I have 2 more just like it that I used along our stairway. I l-o-v-e these windows and the fact I will always have a piece of their home in mine. The big fancy looking frame is from Ikea, it comes in black but we spray painted it white and the silver heart is made from the metal off of an old wine barrel. The string art pieces are from my previous post, check it out if you missed it!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

     xoxo
              Rachele

Thank you to April, Heather, Samantha and my hubby for contributing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10