Friday, April 18, 2014

Quote of the week!

“Creative minds are rarely tidy”

Boy oh boy would my husband agree with that!! Now, I’m not saying creative people are slobs, no no no, but a little cluttered, yes yes yes. I am an overly organized very ‘type A’ girl; I like things in certain places, in specific orders, and looking an exact way. With that said I know all too well how a project can take over your life, and house.

“Sorry babe, I know there are STILL hot glue and fabric scraps all over the countertops, I will get it cleared away soon I promise…”

“Welcome home, we are going to eat dinner standing up tonight because our dinning room table is under a heap of supplies… again”

For whatever reason I like working on projects on the floor, I like spreading everything out across the family room and sitting down to a mindless movie and getting to work. There have been so many nights when my poor husband has come home from work only to tip toe around our house to avoid stepping on anything from scissors and glue guns to nails and paint cans. Lucky for him I can no longer work on the ground because of our mischievous 5 month old puppy! None the less I fully admit to throwing my tidy gene out the window when attempting to be creative!
So, to wrap this up… forgive your tidy-challenged friends {and wives!}, they are trying to create something!! And to my main man; thank you for putting up with my hyper organized completely unorganized way of life!

          xoxo,
                   Rachele







“Crafting Makes Everything Better...Even Mondays”

          That pretty much sums up my week! This week started with kid-disasters and is apparently ending almost the same way. Boo. So, my way of surviving is to put the kiddos to bed early and work on a crafty project! It really doesn't matter what it is, sewing, using the hot glue gun, decorating mason jars or hammering nails, at the end of the project it really does make me feel better! It is comforting to know there is something I can do that will brighten the long days this week. You should try it too….I know you will love it!

            xoxo,
                     Katie



"Crafting. For people who want to be artists, but suck at art."

            Well, that's me!! This quote made me laugh and I immediately related. I have friends who are artists, true artists, by every definition of the word, but (to my dismay) I do not fall into that category. Boo hoo for me, haha. So, instead, I craft! When people hear the word "crafting" I think they picture kiddie stuff, filled with buttons, yarn and glue, but crafting can be anything! It is sewing, building, wood work, refurbishing old into new, painting, creating, and making things with your hands. You don't have to be an artist, or super creative, all that matters is you try... I bet you will like it, it is relaxing and fun to create something yourself. Crafting fits my level of abilities, and I am just fine with that! So, I say this with love; happy crafting to my fellow "wannabe artists"!!

                  xoxo,
                          Rachele


“Keep Calm and Do It Yourself”

            These have been words to live by! My hard-working hubby started a new job a few months ago, so he has been really pre-occupied (and we are SO thankful for the new job!). Unfortunately, it means he is unavailable to help with projects around the house as often. So, I started learning how to do things on my own and with this learning curve comes ALOT of frustration! This quote is perfect to remind me during my building projects to stay calm. I think many of us find we are more capable of doing things on our own than we imagined, especially when there is no other option! We just need to have patience and take our time (easier said than done I know). So while you are struggling through your next project on your own, just remember this quote to “Keep Calm and Do It Yourself! 

                              xoxo,
                                     Katie

 “Make something with your hands”

          Music to my ears! I love this quote since I get such immense satisfaction while using my hands to measure, cut, and put together wood, sewing, or any other crafting project. One personality trait I have learned about myself is I strive to complete things- anything! It drives me kind of crazy to leave things un-done, but the story of my life is housework, dishes, and laundry that is NEVER finished! It makes me feel like I’m never caught up on housework (which is true).  It’s an ongoing battle to keep picked up and organized. So, my solution was to find things I could complete and feel satisfaction about! Sewing, woodworking, and crafting are all things I can finish and feel proud of! I hope all of you other moms and wives can relate. So I encourage you all to make something with your hands that you can finish and feel proud of! Have a great rest of the week everyone!

                         xoxo,
                                  Katie


“In crafting there are no mistakes, it is your own unique creation.”

          Thank goodness for this! I felt like I made mistakes so many times this week, especially on my wreaths. Of course there are things that aren’t perfect… my shamrock stem is uneven, my baseball wreath hangs crooked, and my giant blooming flower isn't completely how I hoped it would be, but then I read this quote and was comforted. They are all my own unique creations, no mistakes were made, just individual quirks! Enjoy the unique-ness in your creations!

          xoxo,
                   Rachele


“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I’ll understand.” –Ben Franklin

This rings so true, I am a very visual and hands on person. I need to DO in order to learn. I like trying things myself and getting comfortable, so involve me and I’ll understand. Who else is the same way? I bet a lot of you DIYers can relate to Mr. Franklin!

          xoxo,
                   Rachele

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10