Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Doormat Do-over DIY

Alright Friends, get your spray paint and tape out, it’s time to give your dated doormat a face lift!
We've had this mat out year round for two years now, even though it is an autumn mat. I've always had intentions of replacing it, but it fell pretty low on my priority list. Finally I'd had enough of it and took it into our garage to see what I could do. Of course I wanted to paint a fun pattern in a bright color, but my sensible husband told me I needed to do something that worked with every season and holiday (because he knows I would have a newly decorated mat for each month if I could) so I went with his request and painted it pretty neutral.
I don’t think I even need to give ‘how-to’ instructions because this is so easy, paint anything you’d like with whatever you’ve got, no money needed! I had gray spray paint, so I sprayed the whole mat in a good heavy coat and let it dry, which didn’t take long in this AZ heat! While it was drying I printed a “J & R” on regular paper, cut them out to use as a stencil and placed them on the mat to paint our initials on. After that I used a small brush and some white paint and dabbed the paint on pretty thick, painted a heart in between the letters and that’s that, done! Much better!
Here are some other pics to get you inspired and show you ideas of things you can do to give your boring doormat a do-over.

          xoxo,
                   Rachele

And I just had to put a few pics up of our 'too cute for his own good' puppy checking out our newly vamped mat!

1 comment:

  1. “ woodworking pro weebly ” (Google it)
    This woodworking book contains a great deal of details about wood working. The book also shows several designs and explanations on the materials useful for different woodworking processes and the directions on completing different processes properly. In other words, I`m happy using this book, specially in the procedure of understading about wood working.?
    Arbor Projects ,
    Adirondack Chairs ,
    Artwork Display ,
    Bathroom Unit ,
    Box Designs ,
    Billiard/Pool Table ,
    Barn Plans ,
    Bed Plans ,
    Bedside Cabinets ,
    Bee Hive Plans ,
    Bench Projects ,
    Bird Feeders ,
    Birdhouse Plans ,
    Boat Plans ,
    Book Case Plans ,
    Baby Changing Table ,
    Coat Rack ,
    Cabin Plans ,
    Cabinet Plans ,
    Carport Plans ,
    Cart Plans ,
    Cat House Plans ,
    CD/DVD Holder ,
    Cellar Projects ,
    Chair Plans ,
    Chest Designs ,
    Chicken Houses
    Childrens Room Plans ,
    Clock Plans ,
    Coasters ,
    Coffee Table Designs ,
    Cold Frame Plans ,
    Compost Bin ,
    Computer Desk ,
    Containers ,
    Cradle Projects ,
    Small Crafts ,
    Cutting Board ,
    Deck Plans ..

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10