Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Entryway Mail Holder with key hooks!!

          This last weekend was so much fun! I got to spend Saturday with my wonderful cousin Rachele and her hubby. That is a rare occurrence since their big move to Arizona! I have missed her and it was great to catch up, let the dogs play, and watch the little boys play t-ball. (They are SO cute in their little uniforms). 
          Well the project of the week was this adorable little entryway piece. We have issues in our house of misplacing keys and mail...so this was a perfect solution for us! A two-in-one fix for our problems. My hubby has been a much happier person in the mornings being able to find his keys! Lol. The original building plans can be found HERE...if you want to take a crack at it yourself.  I coaxed my hubby into helping me put this together and it was fun! We followed the plans and it was relatively simple. We finished it with Rustoleum stain in Dark Walnut. Love this stain! It goes on in one coat and dries in an hour! The black part on my mail holder is chalkboard paint but I wanted to keep it simple for everyday and have a "welcome" sign in the entry. So I cut the "Welcome to our Home" sign out of vinyl on my silhouette cameo (love this machine so much it's ridiculous!) and stuck it on the chalkboard paint. Now I don't have to worry about keeping the chalkboard part clean (I have enough areas of my house to keep clean with the littles running around)! And the finishing touch is the cute key hooks that hang at the bottom. Perfect for all our keys that seem to run away and hide periodically! I think it's practical and pretty! I love it!

                  Xoxo,
                          Katie

1 comment:

  1. “ woodworking pro weebly ” (Google it)
    This woodworking book contains a great deal of details about wood working. The book also shows several designs and explanations on the materials useful for different woodworking processes and the directions on completing different processes properly. In other words, I`m happy using this book, specially in the procedure of understading about wood working.?
    Arbor Projects ,
    Adirondack Chairs ,
    Artwork Display ,
    Bathroom Unit ,
    Box Designs ,
    Billiard/Pool Table ,
    Barn Plans ,
    Bed Plans ,
    Bedside Cabinets ,
    Bee Hive Plans ,
    Bench Projects ,
    Bird Feeders ,
    Birdhouse Plans ,
    Boat Plans ,
    Book Case Plans ,
    Baby Changing Table ,
    Coat Rack ,
    Cabin Plans ,
    Cabinet Plans ,
    Carport Plans ,
    Cart Plans ,
    Cat House Plans ,
    CD/DVD Holder ,
    Cellar Projects ,
    Chair Plans ,
    Chest Designs ,
    Chicken Houses
    Childrens Room Plans ,
    Clock Plans ,
    Coasters ,
    Coffee Table Designs ,
    Cold Frame Plans ,
    Compost Bin ,
    Computer Desk ,
    Containers ,
    Cradle Projects ,
    Small Crafts ,
    Cutting Board ,
    Deck Plans ..

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10